- Bookkeeping and accounts
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Business start up
- Successful business planf and forecasting
- Preparing a marketing plan
- Marketing your own business
- Accounts preparation for small businesses
- Charities - accounting and audit requirements
- Computerised Accounts - Sage Accounts & Payroll
- Computerised Accounts - Quick Books
Book keeping and Accounts £300 + VAT
For: Proprietors of businesses, Managers, Accounting staff and Students wishing to gain an understanding of book-keeping within the business environment.
Aim: To gain a full understanding of how the accounting system works and the importance of accuracy in record keeping.
Basic bookkeeping and accounts
- The accounting equation
- Golden rules
- Debits and credits
- Ledger accounting
- Double Entry book-keeping
- Sales ledger
- Purchase ledger
- Day books, cash books and journals
- Closing entries Trial balance
- Accruals and prepayments
- Fixed assets and depreciation
- The profit and loss account
- The balance sheet
- Book-keeping case study
- Payroll accounting
Advanced bookkeeping and accounts £300 + VAT
For: Proprietors of businesses, Managers and Accounting staff entrusted with the full operations of the Accounting system of a business environment.
Aim: To be able to fully understanding and manage the accounting system of a business environment.
- Control accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Control account reconciliations
- Management accounts, budgets and variances
- Basic costing
- Cash flows
- Company accounts (including share capital, share premium, dividends, tax and debentures)
- Fixed assets (disposals and revaluations)
- Company book-keeping case study
- Basic Corporation Tax
- Filing accounts
Sage Line 50 v 11 £400 +VAT
For: Existing Sage users who have a desire to gain an in depth knowledge of the software with a view to improving on the effectiveness of Financial Management information within their organisations. It is also highly recommended to Accounting students lacking computerised Accounting knowledge/experience as Sage Line 50 is currently the market leader for small and medium companies.
Aim: This Course demonstrates Accounting Features Common to all software in the Sage Line 50 Range using the most recent Version 11. Participants will learn to operate the entire core accounting functions of the software using realistic case studies and will be involved in hands sessions on all aspects of the software covered.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Install the software and set up a company
- Create, amend or delete Customer, Supplier and Nominal Records
- Enter opening balances and process Customer, Supplier and Nominal transactions such as invoices, credit notes and journals
- Process Bank and ledger payments and receipts
- Process Recurring transactions and reconcile the bank
- Account for VAT and prepare the VAT Return
- Process Bad Debts and credit control Management
- Run ledger and Financial Reports including the Trial Balance
- Run month end and Year end procedures
- Perform Housekeeping Routines and Error corrections
- Ensure security of data by setting up access rights
Accounts preparation for small business £300 + VAT
For: Business owners who need to acquire the skills required to manage and prepare their own accounts.
Aim: To equip owners of small and medium sized enterprises with the skills to manage their accounts effectively.
Learning Outcomes: At the end of this course you will have an overview of:
- Legal standards
- Accounting standards
- Balance sheet and profit and loss account formats
- Cash flow statements
- Statement of total recognised gains and losses
- Disclosure requirements (accounting policies, balance sheet, legal exemptions, abbreviated accounts, draft FRSSE and case study accounts preparation)
Credit Control Workshop £200 + VAT
For: This practical course is ideal for those whose daily work involves the various aspects of credit management.
Aim: To have an effective system which is able to effectively manage credit control in the workplace can often be the difference between success or failure of a business in the long term.
Learning Outcomes: At the end of the course you will be able to understand the following:
- Credit terms
- Methods of payment
- Managing credit accounts
- Communication skills
- Legal action
- External credit services and tax relief on bad debts.